Enjoy one of the best nature hikes—rich in biodiversity—in northern Costa Rica as well as one of the most beautiful and impressive waterfalls in Costa Rica.
We provide transportation services to and from La Fortuna – Arenal Volcano area and Tenorio Volcano National Park and the Río Celeste Waterfall.
We offer you transportation back and forth from La Fortuna and Arenal Volcano to Tenorio Volcano National Park and Río Celeste Waterfall .
Enjoy one of the best hikes to enjoy Nature on the North area of Costa Rica.
Daily departures: 7:00am
Pick Up Place:
We pick you up at your hotel in La Fortuna or near by we just need the name of the hotel to let you know the exact pick up time.
Travel time: One hour and 20 minutes, each way
Waiting Time: 4 hour maximum
Transportation ( the round trip) in a comfortable minibus with air conditioner.
$ 55 per person + 13 % IVA = $ 62.15
The Rio Celeste Waterfall Hike is classified as being of moderate difficulty. It has duration of approximately 5 hours; trails are well marked so it is easy to do as a self-guided adventure.
The always green forest is made up of both montane rainforest and cloud forest; palms, heliconias, ferns, orchids and bromeliads dominate the forest floor. You’ll also find a rich diversity of trees that provide nutrition for the endangered tapirs that live in the National Park.
Río Celeste, or Celeste River in English, is named such for its peculiar turquoise color that makes the river one of the principal tourist attractions not only in the National Park, but in Costa Rica as a whole.
On the hike you can visit:
· A location known as Los Teñideros which roughly translates into English (there is no exact equivalent for it in the language) to ‘where the water dyes or changes color’.
· Nearby you can visit another location known as Los Hervideros or Borbollones. This is a site with natural hot springs where the water can reach between 31 and 94 degrees Celsius (88 to 201 degrees Fahrenheit).
· During its descent from the Tenorio Volcano the water forms a lagoon called Laguna Azul or Blue Lagoon. This is where you can best appreciate the intense celestial blue color of the water.
· After the Lagoon the course of the river continues descending to form the Río Celeste Waterfall.
· A paradise for bird lovers! Over half of all the bird species in Costa Rica call Tenorio National Park/Río Celeste home.
+506 85 45 0475
Tel: (506) 8335 80 44
(506) 2479 97 69
La Fortuna - Volcán Arenal Guía de Viaje
Arenal Volcano & La Fortuna Travel Guide
Paquete de Vacaciones en Costa Rica